Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things Fall apart: Chapter 14

Okonkwo and his family go to his mother village where they accept him warmly. Okonkwo's uncle Uchendu gives him yam seeds and helps him build huts. At this point I do feel bad for Okonkwo, even though I think that he had it coming. I mean this bad luck happened at the worst possible time because Okonkwo was just starting to soften up then this happens. Well anyway, Uchendu's son get married and they have a ceremony/celebration. After the ceremony Uchendu talks to Okonkwo and I believe that this helped Okonkwo a lot. Uchendu basically tells Okonkwo that life sometimes gets rough and harsh but its no reason to give up or kill yourself over. Because you still have your family to look after. At this point in the book I believe that Okonkwo will be fine and he himself will become an even stronger person.

2 comments:

xoxsara said...

See at this point I wasn't sure if Okonkwo would become stronger or weaker, because he was getting separated from his tribe. I thought it would make him feel worse.

the sheeman said...

Both of you are right. if okonkwo plays his cards right, he will emerge a strongre person. he needs to pull himself out of his funk. i hope u r right about the talk kurt. otherwise this book is gonna be really boring.