Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Things Fall Apart: Chapter 11

This chapter starts out telling a very unique story about how and why a tortoise shell is not smooth. The story itself is just absolutely unique. I believe that the story shows how creative these people were because they did not have the technology that we have. Instead of just coming into the house and being able to watch TV. They actually had to make up their owns stories and games to entertain themselves. In this chapter there is a very disturbing twist and the twist is that Chielo comes to take Ezinma to the Oracle's cave. Even after Okonkwo tries of persuasion they take Ezinma anyway and demands that no one follows. Even after that warning, Ekwefi follows and decides that if she hears screaming that she will save her. To my surpise and Ekwefi's surprise Okonkwo arrives with a MACHETE of all things. I can not wait to see what happens. I hope that if they try to hurt Ezinma, that Okonkwo runs in and shows them who the real god is lol. I know I would. This book in my opinion is finally starting to get good.

1 comment:

the sheeman said...

The stories are kinda neat, I think the orakle is the african version of some norse warrior. either that or she must be posessed or something. I hope okonkwo doesnt try to kill her, womething tells me it would end badly for him. oh well, at least he showed some concern for his daughter.